USDE: Duncan's Weekly Media Schedule
Here's a look at Arne Duncan's weekly media, schedule, including his Sunday talk to the National Governors Association in Atlanta, a Tuesday talk at the National Press Club with Unavision, a Thursday appearance before the House Budget Committee, and a talk at Harvard's Ed School. None of those jump out at me as big events, though I'm sure I and others will end up writing about them anyway.
For the first time that I can recall the schedule also notes media appearances by others besides Duncan, including Ruslyn Ali and Juan Sepulveda. Check out the details below.
PUBLIC SCHEDULE OF U.S. EDUCATION SECRETARY ARNE DUNCAN
THE WEEK AHEAD: Sunday, Feb. 21 - Saturday, Feb. 27 (all times local)
SUNDAY, Feb. 21
· Secretary Duncan to speak at the National Governors Association’s Winter Meeting, with a discussion following. 3:00-4:30 p.m. at the Hilton Atlanta Grand Ballroom, 255 Courtland Street, NE, Atlanta, GA 30303/404-659-2000.
MONDAY, Feb. 22
· Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights Russlyn Ali to participate in “The Legacy of Brown in the Obama Era” panel at the 31st Annual National Conference on Law and Higher Education. 1:30-3:00 p.m. at the Caribe Royale Resort hotel in Orlando, Florida.
TUESDAY, FEB. 23
· Secretary Duncan to speak at the Univision Leadership Event. 8:40-10:00 at the National Press Club, 529 14th Street.
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 24
· The U.S. Department of Education to host a Black History Month event for ED employees, “Redefining Tradition: Black History’s Influence on Today’s Artistic Expressions.” 1:00-2:00 p.m., LBJ Building.
THURSDAY, FEB. 25
· Secretary Duncan to testify at the House Budget Committee Hearing. 10:00-1:00 p.m. at the Cannon Building, Room 207.
FRIDAY, FEB. 26
· Secretary Duncan to speak at the Harvard Graduate School of Education Askwith Forum. 2:30-4:00 p.m. at the Askwith Lecture Hall, Longfellow Hall, Harvard Graduate School of Education. 13 Appian Way, Cambridge, MA 02138. Limited space for press.
· Juan Sepulveda, Director, White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanic Americans, to give keynote at the San Antonio Nonprofit Annual Conference. Details TBA.
SATURDAY, FEB. 27
No public events scheduled.